Cooking time35 min Prep time20 min Portions 16
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups grated unpeeled Granny Smith apples (about 2 apples)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the Country Crock Spread with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy: gradually add the sugar, beating well. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add apple, beating just until blended.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; add to the Country Crock mixture and mix just until blended. Stir in the walnuts if desired.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13×9 inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or just until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Server with caramel sauce and if desired, whipped cream or ice cream.
- Cook the sugar, half and half, Country Crock Spread and salt in a small saucepan over medium-low for 5 to 7 minutes, whisking slowly until thickened. Remove from the heat and let cool before serving. (Makes 1 cup)