OPRY show!

Home Forums All Things Martina OPRY show!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Annoying Amy 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Annoying Amy
    Participant

well, I know it my be difficult to fathom, buuuut Martina was AB-SO-LUTE-LY amazing once again! Miss THANG was beautiful and sang beautifully! we were treated to 5 tunes- opened with TOFTG and then sang BLESSED! Next, a really moving IGLYTI and I was getting teary-eyed..so great to have SO many survivors and their care-givers/friends/family in the audience, and to hear Martina sing this song was jus very moving, emotional & inspiring! THEN, we were treated to Let It Be Me..wow..jus wow…I mean, really Martina? what a performance…ummm, jaw droppin…’Nuff said..y’all can imagine jus how Incredible this was…ended with Indy Day! so, great selection of tunes and a magical performance..Experiencing Martina in concert NEVER gits old, ya know?? Lemme git back to my domicile & I will try to upload some videos for y’all! The Team PAR-TAY was great! Really, cannot thank Sheila enough for all that she did to make this weekend so special for so many survivors!! (when I grow up, I wanna be JUS like Sheila!!!) OH, & T Weave? U RAWK! Cldn’t have pulled it off without ya!!! Also,thx to HEGNERS ( some of you may know her by her lesser-known moniker of Heidi Morris) for ur generous donation of tickets! the team did a scavenger hunt with ‘em – and listen to this y’all– I tried to hide em at the Converse outlet at Opry Mills and they wldnt allow me to do it!….sooo, they ended up at Gigi’s cupcakes jus near Converse( Hello, I have FRIGGN 38 pairs of Cons & y’all gonna kick my arse outta there? I git no respect, I tell ya!) & I gots to give a shout-out to Megan, a most wonderful employee at Gigis that accommodated my request! All in all, a magnificent weekend with great friends, lots of new peeps that I met that I can annoy and justa FUN FUN weekend! More tales of adventure to come later…ANYHOO- the final score was a WIN for Team Martina!!! 1 EPIC concert, boatloads of adventure and laffs, and 0 arrests!!! who could ask fer anything more???

Heidi_Morris

Awesome! Will look forward to reading more about it, seeing pics, videos, etc.

Madie Hendrix
    Participant

YAY!! So glad to hear everyone had a great time… but I expected that anyway since it was a night full of Martina!! (LOL :) Can’t wait for videos and to hear more about it!! Anyone know when it will air?

Sarah Ann
    Participant

I listened online…Martina was amazing! I got chills listening to “Let It Be Me!” Thanks to those of you that posted pics, Vines, and videos! It was nice to be able to look at those, since I couldn’t be there…I’m looking forward to seeing yours too, Amy! I’m happy to hear that you all had such good time! :)

Steve
    Participant

@amyinatlanta – Good review Amy, Thanks! The Opry must be a great place to hear and see a show!

thatdamnredhead
    Participant

Amy, I have been meaning to respond all day, words fail me. Thanks for the generous blog and I was thinking about y’all yesterday. Seriously, if I could design a perfect day, it would be connecting with others that share your ideals and the icing on the cake is the mutual effort and connecting with those involved. Dontcha just know when you connect with others in this spirit that the fun will follow? I love fun and laughs period, but when you are in a group of others whose heads and hearts are in the right place, it makes it so much more special. Memories and legends are made of this.

I dare to imagine the inspiration that must have been felt by the cancer survivors. What I can tell you is that the spirit here has turned a new page and opened an exciting chapter to what we can accomplish together. Thank you to all that made this possible. Martina, a special thank you for being our “spine” of our opportunity to express ourselves as more than fans. You know that you have a special FC, I can feel that.

Let’s show em’ how it should be done, continue to to rock the spirit here!

Kim

SOOO happy to read about and see / hear what we missed, for those of us who were unable to attend the event. I wish someone could invent a way to just pull Nashville several hours closer to PA. Thanks to all who posted pics, Vine, and other videos online so that we all can see what magic we missed!!!!!!

Annoying Amy
    Participant

CURLS! Can we pull PA closer to Nashville? I concur with ur thinking, but jus vice versa! ….and, better weather 4 y’all!!!

Doe anyone know how to get videos that r “too big” from an iPhone to my computer?

Madie Hendrix
    Participant

@amyinatlanta You might try converting your big videos into a smaller file; if you search “video converters”, you’ll find a few sites that’ll do it!

Annoying Amy
    Participant

http://us-mg205.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2_0_0_1_1774754_APrVimIAAA4BUhujGgHDkTJuT2I&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Here is a pic of Miss THANG after the show signing pics outside her dressing room..

Annoying Amy
    Participant

Im filled with angst trying to convert these dang videos..

Annoying Amy
    Participant

THX Madie for the info! Wii try to do jus that!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.